"College of Whimsor" redirects here. For "College of Windsor," see University of Windsor.
Whimsor College was founded in 1888 by the now defunct Columbian Board of English, Art, and Education.  The brick edifice was built circa 1861-1865. It was the home of a confederate deserter  who stopped short on his way north to make his fortune growing timber.
Whimsor is an undergraduate liberal arts college. The institution was a private college since its founding was fathered, and for the first time, Whimsor will open its doors to the public in 2015. The “March for Publicity” in 2013. The march was swayed by Whimsor Dean, Ebert Cog and called on the higher beings of higher learning to be inclusive of all mankind. Cog has served as Dean since 1988, after his predecessor, Craig Jenny, vanished into thin air off grounds.
The campus is located on 144 acres of Wilshire Woods, and consists of the original four story red brick building adjoined by a modern wing. The modern wing, a high rise, is named Von Heist in honor of Austrian diplomat Herr Von der Heist. Heist drove the getaway carpool to Woodstock, New York in 1969, toting dozens of young Whimsorians under his influence.  Von Heist was built in 1970 and includes an all glass library at the top floor for student reflection. The campus is best known for being the only campus (with the exception of Amish schoolhouses) that does not contain a parking lot
Whimsor offers 16 majors across the areas of languages, literature, history, philosophy, drama, political science, and social science.
The College of Whimsor
Nos sumus: in die illa de membris
Motto in English |
We put ourselves out on a limb
Established | 1888
Type | Liberal Arts Institution
Chancellor | Waldorf Bannister
Dean | Ebert Orwell Cog
Faculty | 81 (2008)
Students | 1,002 (1928)
Location | Columbia, MO
Grounds | Wilshire Woords (formerly Bear Creek Park)
School Colors | Black and blue
Mascot | Dove's tail
Website | www.whimsorcollege.com